Help for the hobbled homeless + 12 accused + New type of cruise
Have a nice day, people of Orange County! It’s me again, Ashley Ludwig, your host for Orange County Daily.
First, the weather forecast for the day: Clear all day. High: 79 Low: 62.
High tide in Orange County will be at 1:58 p.m. at 4.07 feet on Wednesday. Low tide will be at 7:08 a.m. at 0.00 feet. A second low tide will be at 7:01 p.m. at 2.53 feet.
Sunrise will be at 5:52 a.m. and sunset at 8:03 p.m.
Here are the best stories in Orange County today:
- 12 people were charged and seven others were on the run after the FBI Operation Horse Caller bust. OCSD, newport beach, Huntington Beach Police assisted in the heroin bust and money laundering, according to records. (Orange County Patch)
- One of LA’s top chefs launches big news Orange County Travel (MSN Music Reverb)
- Mary’s Kitchen is fighting to feed the homeless in the City of Orange: Report (Orange County Patch)
- Starting Thursday, there’s a whole new way Laguna beach plans to keep the area clean and beautiful. Here is what you can expect. (Laguna Beach Patch).
- Man Charged In Exploding Fireworks At Wooded garden which injures nine, including children (Orange County Patch).
- Disneyland Resort at Anaheim The newly reinvented Jungle Cruise reopens on Friday. Here’s what’s new and what’s changing on the preferred route. (Room).
- Orange County Launches OC Equity Map to Address Inequalities and Resource Disparities (California News Times)
- Christy Ward has been named the new president of the Hills of the Lagoon Saddleback Medical Center Foundation, it was announced Tuesday (Orange County Patch).
From our sponsor:
Today’s Orange County Daily is brought to you from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you find the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t overpay. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, visit GoodRx.com.
Today in Orange County
- Not a Girl Scout yet? Join our Girl Scout launch party! (5:30 p.m.)
- BOOK CARNAVAL presents PALM SPRINGS NOIR (7 p.m.)
- Summer ‘Films In The Park’ 2021: Santa Ana (7 p.m.)
- Coaches Corner Live Tour presented by RE / MAX (9 a.m.)
- Outdoor candlelight: Mozart’s best works (7 p.m.)
Orange County Notebook
- Orange County Guide | SoCal: “It’s never a bad time to have French toast for breakfast (they can add a Nutella topping) and don’t forget the lavender honey lattes.” (Instagram)
- Orange County German Shepherd Rescue: “Hey, it’s me, Atlas. I love staying in shape on this new GSROC croc treadmill. Some of our wonderful supporters…” (Facebook)
- Orange County Guide | SoCal: “Tickets for Oogie Boogie Bash go on sale at 9am TODAY! EVENT DETAILS • Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party …” (Instagram)
- Orange County Register: “Southern California Edison launches 4-year, $ 436 million program to increase the number of electric vehicle chargers in town halls, …” (Facebook)
- Orange County Register: “A confrontation organized by far-right opponents of Representative Katie Porter turned physical in a park in Irvine on Sunday afternoon.” (Facebook)
- Orange County Register: “Gov. Gavin Newsom’s legal team missed a deadline for his party preference to be marked on the ballot to re …” (Facebook)
- Orange County Register: “California’s latest guidelines deviate from federal guidelines released last week, in which the Centers for Dis …” (Facebook)
- Orange County Pit Bull Rescue: “There is another Angel among us, and his name is Bud. Yesterday would have been Bud’s birthday.” (Facebook)
- Orange County Register: “Rich Harbor opened its Seal Beach store on Main Street in 1962, becoming the oldest surf store in its original location.” (Facebook)
- Orange County Register: “Three Orange County High School alumni have been selected for the US Olympic team bound for Tokyo.” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- BOOK CARNAVAL presents PALM SPRINGS NOIR (July 14)
- July Promotion – 0% APR for 18 months on a new Pedego (July 16)
- Boost Your Career After Divorce ~ Free Webinar (July 16)
- Enjoy OC Burger Week at Tustin District from July 11 to July 17! (July 17)
- Yes! You can take action! A fun level 1 course begins! (July 19)
- The fun theater lessons begin! (July 19)
- The hour of poetry resumes! (22nd of July)
- Magnificent 3 bedroom condo for sale in Canterra, Scripps Poway Pkw (Details)
You are officially in the loop for today! I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow morning with your next update. If you like these newsletters, consider bringing in more friends and neighbors. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Ashley ludwig
About me: Ashley Ludwig has been an online news columnist and editor since 2007.
Prior to joining Patch, she worked as an editor for Southwest Riverside’s Valley News, both in print and online. She was the co-founder of the Southern California news conglomerate, DailySoCal.com – and before that, a freelance reporter for publications such as the North County Times, San Diego Union-Tribune, and Southwest Riverside News Network (SWRNN. com), and still owns the local Southern California Wine Country blog: TemeculaGrapevine.com. Ashley Ludwig has been working as a web writer since the late 1990s. She graduated from the University of Arizona with a Bachelor of Arts and Science degree. Wife and mother of two daughters, she is the author of several romantic thrillers. www.ashleyludwig.com
Do you have any advice or suggestion for an upcoming Orange County Daily? Contact [email protected] anytime.