Media Coordinator – Pedestrian Jobs
Surf Life Saving Australia (SLSA) exists to save lives, create great Australians and build better communities. As one of Australia’s most respected community organizations and a global leader in lifesaving, coastal public safety, rescue and education services, SLSA offers many ways to get involved as a volunteer or employee.
With over 180,000 members and 315 affiliated Surf Life Saving Clubs, we are the largest volunteer movement of its kind in Australia and around the world.
You will contribute to the development and delivery of a range of internal and external communications (written, video and digital), including sporting events, coastal security, fundraising and sponsorship campaigns.
This role may be based in Sydney or Brisbane.
This position will report to the Director of Public Affairs, key responsibilities will include:
- Identify media opportunities across all internal departments
- Develop appropriate, relevant and timely content and press releases
- Develop all necessary media material for all SLSA events and activities
- Liaise regularly with external PR contractors to understand, develop and support all media and PR opportunities
- Proactively manage and interact with the media on a regular basis, working with external PR contractors
- Keep the media database up to date
- Develop monthly and event plans, media and public relations
- Coordinate and manage media for all SLSA events
- Coordinate and manage athletes, lifeguards, officials and other media talent as required
- Manage the media monitoring service and regularly distribute appropriate content to all relevant stakeholders, including the daily media digest
- Develop media reports as needed
- Coordinate photography needs including photographers and briefs for SLSA events as activities
- Manage and ensure that SLSA photographs are used and filed appropriately
- Liaise regularly with states to understand, support and enhance state media opportunities as well as share SLSA content and information
- Develop written speaking notes as needed for SLSA staff and officials
Internal content and communications
- Develop appropriate written, photographic, video and digital content across all areas of the business for media, website, social media and others as required
- Assist in the coordination and development of SLSA publications
- Provide relevant content to the Club’s internal content calendar as needed
- Assist in the financial and budgetary management of relevant media and communication needs
- Contribute positively to the entire communications team and business requirements
- Develop and maintain positive media relations
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with States
- Ensure that verbal and written communication with stakeholders, both internal and external, is appropriate and timely
Desired skills and experience
Ideally you will have:
- Graduate degrees and/or equivalent relevant experience in the field of communications, communications, digital, media
- Previous experience in media management
- Experience developing content across a range of platforms including print, video and digital
- Experience with WordPress
- Strong written communication skills
- Professional and articulate communicator, both written and spoken
- Attention to detail, quality and process
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work outside of traditional office hours as needed
- Confident and calm under pressure
- Ability to exercise initiative, prioritize competing work demands and meet deadlines
If you can demonstrate your abilities and attributes in the above areas and have the motivation, desire and skills to be challenged in this role and pursue your career with one of the most iconic brands in ‘Australia, please Apply now!
This is a full time position, working 38 hours per week – location can be Sydney or Brisbane.
Note: Only applicants eligible to work in Australia will be considered.
SLSA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to protecting children and young people. All applicants will be required to undertake a verification of working with children.