TOP 5 THINGS TO DO IN ENCINITAS, CALIFORNIA THIS MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
ENCINITAS, CALIFORNIA, USA, May 28, 2022 /EINPresswire.com/ — California’s Jewel, Surf Town of Encinitas and The Encinitas Visitor Center announce Memorial Day activities for 2022. The beachfront oasis takes the beach seriously, and with six miles of Pacific Ocean coastline to its name, the small community is a beautiful reminder of the historic culture of the Highway 101 beach that has flourished since the mid-1900s. It’s no surprise that the city of Encinitas has been named one of the best surfing towns in the world. Here are the top 5 activities for visitors.
1. Go to the beach! Some of Encinitas’ best beaches include legendary surfing hotspots like Beacon’s, Grandview, Stone Steps, Moonlight State Beach, and Swami’s. These beaches are also some of the best in the country for sunbathing, relaxing or spending a day at the beach with the family.
2. Take surf lessons! Live the life of a San Diegan for a day and enjoy the popular sport of surfing! There are plenty of choices, including Encinitas Surf Lessons https://www.encinitassurflessons.com/ pacific surf https://www.pacificsurf.com/surfing-lessons-encinitas/ and Aqua Surf https://www.aquasurf.com/encinitas which offer group lessons, great equipment, great surfing and exciting lessons from a long-time surfer.
3. Have a bonfire and barbecue on the beach! Moonlight Beach is one of the few beaches in the area that has picnic tables, bonfires, a playground, volleyball, lookout towers, easy parking and stair-free access that creates the perfect family trip to the beach. A recent $6 million renovation features clean bathrooms, an additional 10,000 square feet of sand and a new concession stand.
4. Visit the Encinitas Historical Society! Visitors to the Encinitas Historical Society will be delighted, as the organization is housed in a one-room schoolhouse dating back to 1883, built for the eight children who lived in the city at that time. Learn about the history of this unique city through photographs, exhibits, research materials, and guides eager to share their story.
5. Eat, drink and shop near the beach! The quaint shopping district in downtown Encinitas is over 100 years old. Today, the historic corridor along Highway 101 is home to sidewalk cafes, lovely boutiques and shops, excellent restaurants and breweries. Local favorites include Le Papagayo, Vigilucci’s Trattoria Italiana, Solterra Winery and Kitchen, and Potato Shack Café.
And don’t forget, on Memorial Day, to be part of the National Moment of Remembrance by pausing for a moment of silence at 3 p.m. local time. Take a minute to remember those who died serving our country so we can enjoy our freedom.
For more information on Encinitas and all it has to offer year-round, go to https://www.encinitasvisitorscenter.com/
# # #
Laura Charlton (formerly Johnson) [email protected] (760) 450-7749 cell
Encinitas Visitor Center
write to us here